Richland County is offering a pair of free workshops for nonprofit, charitable and tourism-related organizations seeking insight into the County’s grant process.
The Grants Funding Guidelines Workshops will focus on three major grant programs: tourism-based grants from the Accommodations Tax and Hospitality Tax, as well as service-based Discretionary Grants.
- Accommodations Tax Grants provide financial support to nonprofit organizations to fund tourism and tourism-related projects and events.
- Hospitality Tax Grants support organizations and projects whose primary mission is attracting tourists; these grants promote dining and overnight accommodations in unincorporated areas of Richland County.
- Discretionary Grants go toward nonprofit or charitable organizations that assist County residents.
“The grant workshops are an opportunity to introduce our residents to some of the grants available from Richland County and how they can apply for them this year,” said Stacey Hamm, director of Finance and interim director of Budget and Grants for Richland County.
Prospective organizations are encouraged to attend either of the two workshops at the County Administration Building, 2020 Hampton St., Columbia. The workshops are scheduled for:
- 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 19 in the fourth-floor conference room
- 6 p.m.-7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 22 in County Council Chambers
Pre-registration is required. Register by calling Tyler Kirk at 803-576-5459 or email email@example.com by Tuesday, Nov. 16 (for the Nov. 19 workshop) or Friday, Nov. 19 (for the Nov. 22 workshop).
At both workshops, County staff will provide information on eligibility requirements, allowable costs and disbursement criteria. Staff will also give a walk-through of the ZoomGrants program and help attendees apply for grants online.
Information on eligibility requirements, allowable costs and disbursement criteria will be provided. Before requesting funding, organizations must have been in existence at least one year and provide proof of nonprofit status.
For more information on grant opportunities through Richland County, visit the County’s Grants page: www.richlandcountysc.gov/Government/Departments/Grants.