Richland County and several state agencies will host a drop-in style public meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 19 to provide information and answer questions about Scout Motors’ development in the County and proposed road upgrades related to the project.
- When: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 19
- Where: Doko Manor, 100 Alvina Hagood Circle, Blythewood
Scout Motors plans to invest $2 billion to build an electric vehicle production facility in Blythewood, ultimately creating up to 4,000 permanent jobs.
There will be no formal presentation at the meeting. Community members are encouraged to attend and visit stations set up around the room at Doko Manor. Attendees also can provide written comments that will be shared with the participating regulatory agencies. Those who cannot attend the meeting in person can submit their comments online by visiting bit.ly/464UQZ9. Comments will be accepted through Oct. 18.
State agencies participating in the meeting include:
- S.C. Department of Archives and History
- S.C. Department of Commerce
- S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control
- S.C. Department of Natural Resources
- S.C. Department of Transportation
Representatives from Scout Motors will also participate.
More information is available online at: https://scoutblythewood.com/.
Media note: Details about a media availability ahead of the meeting on Sept. 19 will follow this announcement later this week.