Richland County Council is accepting applications for dozens of openings on various volunteer boards.
Currently, 10 Richland County boards, commissions, committees and advisory councils have at least one vacancy. Council will accept applications until 5 p.m. Friday, April 21. Interviews are set to begin May 2.
Those interested in learning more about volunteering on the boards are encouraged to visit the County’s website: www.richlandcountysc.gov, or speak with their Council district representative.
To download an application for an open position, visit www.richlandcountysc.gov, click on the “Government” tab, then click the appropriate Richland County entity to find the link. After completing the application, submit it as an email attachment.
Applications can also be downloaded and submitted by mail or email:
For more information, contact the Richland County Clerk to Council’s Office at 803-576-2060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee – six vacancies (one applicant must have a background in the lodging industry, three applicants must have a background in the hospitality industry, one applicant must have a cultural background and one applicant will fill an at-large seat)
- Airport Commission – one vacancy
- Board of Zoning Appeals – four vacancies
- Building Codes Board of Appeals – nine vacancies (one applicant must be from the architecture industry, one from the gas industry, one from the building industry, one from the contracting industry, one from the plumbing industry, one from the electrical industry, one from the engineering industry and two from fire industry as alternates)
- Business Service Center Appeals Board – three vacancies (one applicant must be from the business industry and two applicants must be CPAs)
- Community Relations Council – one vacancy
- Employee Grievance Committee – one vacancy
- Hospitality Tax Advisory Committee – three vacancies (two applicants must be from the restaurant industry)
- Midlands Workforce Development Board – four vacancies (applicants must be from the private sector)
- Transportation Penny Advisory Committee (TPAC) – four vacancies