A virtual event will focus on how small businesses can prepare for a crisis and manage disruptions when they do happen.
“Save My Business: Crisis Preparedness” is the theme of the third annual Engage Richland Small Business Summit, hosted by Richland County’s Office of Small Business Opportunity (OSBO). Participants should sign up online at https://savemybusiness.eventbrite.com, then access the event from 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 8 via Zoom.
“We are confident that at the end of the summit, our small-business community will walk away prepared for any crisis they may be faced with,” said Erica Wade, OSBO manager.
The summit aims to give attendees the tools and resources necessary to sustain their businesses while building capacity. Dynamic breakout sessions will focus on topics including crisis planning, pivoting during and after a disaster, emergency action planning, COVID-19 funding and more.
Panelists and sessions are:
- Tony Grant, CEO, Grant Business Advisors LLC
- Ron Harvey, vice president, Global Core Strategies & Consulting LLC
- Session: Pivoting During and After a Disaster
- John B. Gethers, COVID-19 consultant, South Carolina Small Business Development Center
- Miranda Spivey, division manager, Richland County Emergency Services
- Session: Emergency Action Planning
- Jessica Stalker, CRPC, financial advisor, Edward Jones Investments
- Session: Succession Planning
The summit is part of a series of Engage Richland events encouraging residents to learn more about local government.
For more information, email OSBO at email@example.com or call 803-576-1540.