The following are highlights from Richland County Government in August:
· Richland County is offering Zika news and updates on its website, www.rcgov.us/zikainfo, to help residents stay informed about the County’s continuous efforts to reduce the threat of a local outbreak.
· A courtroom at the Richland County Judicial Center was renamed the “Ada Harper James Courtroom” to commemorate Ada James, a long-serving employee at the judicial center.
· Richland County received “AAA” and “Aaa” credit ratings from Standard and Poor’s Global Rating Services and Moody’s Investors Service, respectively, making Richland County the third county in the state to achieve that status.
· The American Heart Association presented Richland County with its Mission: Lifeline EMS Gold Award that recognizes emergency responders for their care of patients who suffer a ST Elevation Myorcardial Infarction, or STEMI – a type of heart attack caused by a complete blockage of blood flow to the heart.
· Richland County’s IT Division was given honorable mention for the J. Mitchell Graham Memorial Award, which recognizes counties that address community challenges in a unique way. IT received the accolade for its innovative mapping and geospatial tools that provided crucial information during the October 2015 flood.
· The Richland County Neighborhood Improvement Program hosted its first National Night Out kickoff event for local community groups.