Richland County will update its comprehensive plan this year to refine its blueprint for growth and development over the next 25 years – and County residents’ participation will be an essential piece of the process.
The process for updating the policy is called, "PLAN TOGETHER," and seeks extensive public input as officials demonstrate how all parts of Richland County knit together to form a common identity.
“We need your ideas, input and feedback to ensure that the plan reflects community values and aspirations,” said Tracy Hegler, Richland County’s Planning Director. “Who knows the community better than someone who lives and or works here? This is a really exciting chance for you to be a part of creating policy that directly impacts you.”
The process will take place from April to November and build upon the County’s 2009 comprehensive plan, “Looking Forward to Future Growth.” The County’s comprehensive plan is a long-range guide to shape future development policies.
Three rounds of meetings – or Community Conversations – are scheduled for April, July and September. Because each round builds upon the prior round, residents are urged to get involved early and stay involved.
The first round of meetings will be held:
· Monday, April 7
- 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. EdVenture Children's Museum (The Canal Room), 211 Gervais St., Columbia
· Tuesday, April 8
- 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Denny Terrace Community Center, 6429 Bishop Ave., Columbia
- 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. St. Andrews Park, 920 Beatty Road, Columbia
· Wednesday, April 9
- 10:30 a.m.-noon Garners Ferry Adult Activity Center, 8620 Garners Ferry Road, Hopkins
- 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Adult Activity Center, 7494 Parklane Road, Columbia
Similar information will be discussed at each of the April meetings, so residents may attend whichever is most convenient. For more details and to get involved, visit www.weplantogether.org.