As part of the Richland Counts! campaign efforts, provided is the following information from the U.S. Census:
This is your chance to play a part in history! Temporary census positions offer the perfect opportunity to earn extra income, while at the same time, helping your community. Did you know: The results of the 2020 Census help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding are spent locally for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. So it's important that everyone is counted!
Following are details about the positions, including what you'll need to apply and a timeline for the hiring process.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Most jobs require employees to:
- Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public transportation is readily available.
- Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).
If you are employed elsewhere, your current job must be compatible with Census Bureau employment and not create conflicts of interest. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Also, you must not engage in any partisan political activity while on duty.
The Census Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit our Equal Employment Opportunity page.
If you are a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. armed forces and were separated under honorable conditions, you may be eligible for veterans’ preference. Documentation supporting your claim for preference must accompany your application. For more information, visit the U.S. Office of Personnel Management Veterans’ Preference page.
Pay rates: $12.50 to $23.00 per hour
Apply online at www.2020census.gov/jobs