Hurricane Michael Update
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
As the County prepares for Hurricane Michael, residents are asked to note the following:
Richland County offices will close Thursday, Oct. 11. The County will resume normal operating hours and activities Friday, Oct. 12.
- Curbside collections for trash and recycling will be delayed by one day. As such, Thursday’s scheduled collections will be conducted on Friday and Friday’s scheduled collections will be conducted on Saturday.
- The following will be closed Thursday and resume normal operation hours Friday, Oct. 12: Richland County Landfill Drop-off Center, 1070 Caughman Road North, Columbia; the Lower Richland Drop-off Center, 10531 Garners Ferry Road, Eastover; and the Clemson Road Drop-off Site, 900 Clemson Road, Columbia.
- The Richland County Construction and Demolition Debris landfill will be closed Thursday and resume normal operation hours on Friday, Oct. 12.
EMERGENCY OPERATING CENTER:
- Residents who live in areas prone to flooding are encouraged to seek shelter in high ground areas ahead of the storm and have medication and other essential supplies for up to at least 72 hours. Residents may contact the Emergency Operation Center at 803-576-3439 for general inquires or helpful tips on storm readiness.
REPAIRS AFTER THE STORM:
- Repairs and/or reconstruction to structures located in and outside the floodplain that are damaged due to storm will require permits from the Floodplain Management Division, as required by the Richland County Land Development Code. A building permit also may be required. Failure to obtain the necessary permits can result in violations. For more information on the permitting process, contact the Building Department at 803-576-2140.