Richland County residents can bring recyclable materials to a drive-through drop-off event Saturday, Aug. 15 at Columbia Place Mall.
Items collected will include electronics, scrap metal and tires. Paper will also be accepted for shredding.
Please note the following:
- Electronics: Limit two items per vehicle.
- Tires: Limit eight per vehicle.
- Paper for shredding: Limit four boxes per vehicle.
- No commercial materials will be accepted.
- The event is for Richland County residents only.
Workers will direct drivers to various drop-off stations and unload acceptable items from vehicles. To maintain social distancing, residents are asked to stay in their vehicles.
Registration is not required for the event but is encouraged to help organizers accommodate traffic. Register at www.Facebook.com/RichlandSC/events.
The event is at 7201 Two Notch Road, Columbia.
For more information, call the County's Solid Waste & Recycling Division at 803-576-2440.