In January of 2013, Richland County Council identified a ‘One Stop Shop’ concept for Development Services as a priority. The new Development Services Center allows customers to have all of their needs, from the initial planning and construction to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy, taken care of at one location. Other goals of the ‘One Stop Shop’ concept of Development Services include:
• Enhance the County’s outreach efforts to the citizens of Richland County by making Development Services and development review processes more customer friendly.
• Streamline all Development Reviews.
• Creation of a Development Services website linked to the County’s homepage to tie everything development related into one consolidated, user-friendly site.
• New computerized tracking software that can be used by customers to track their projects from the initial submittal of plans to issuance of the final Certificate of Occupancy.
• Quick, consistent turnaround time on commercial and residential plan reviews.
• A front counter area which allows over-the-counter business to be transacted for all divisions within the department.
These changes were made to ensure that our customers have an improved experience as it relates to Development Services and the Development Review process. Our goal is the continuous improvement of our processes to better serve the citizens of Richland County.