Who We Are
Richland County Department of Community and Government Services (CGS) serves as an education and awareness hub and facilitates resolution of constituent concerns by bridging the gap between County departments and citizen groups.
Richland County CGS engages and involves the public in policies and practices that directly impact communities, measures the impacts of County efforts through evaluative methods, and by working with the Public Information Office and all County Departments, effectively communicates accurate and essential information to all groups.
Richland County CGS serves as a conduit between Richland County Government and its customers, citizens, and partners. It provides assistance for satisfying unresolved issues and works continuously to improve public involvement in the civic process. CGS takes a citizen-centered approach to improving government services.
Want to learn more about CGS? Check out our Fact Sheet and The Pillars of Our Department! There, you can read about our mission, purpose, goals, and more to get a better sense of how our department serves the constituents of Richland County.
CGS Fact Sheet
The Pillars of Our Department
What We Do
The Richland County Department of Community and Government Services County serves as an education and awareness hub and facilitates the resolution of citizens’ concerns by bridging the gap between County departments and citizen needs.
Richland County CGS partners with businesses, communities, non-profit organizations and agencies to build relationships, promote communication, and improve government services. CGS takes a citizen-centered approach to improving County services in the following ways:
• Education – Richland County CGS serves as an education hub for the County. CGS provides essential education to citizen groups proactively or upon request. Educational services include: site visits, presentations, small group meetings, phone conversations, email correspondence, and printed documents.
• Awareness – Richland County CGS increases citizen awareness of County policies and practices in order to grow public involvement in the civic process.
• Citizen Advocacy – Richland County CGS seeks to serve as an advocate for all constituent groups. CGS advocates for the concerns of citizens, resolving such issues proactively.
• Self Evaluation – Richland County CGS measures the performance of County policies and practices through surveys and studies.
• Data and Research - Richland County CGS gathers and organizes data sets from around the county into one database.
• Communication – Richland County CGS works with all County Departments and citizen groups ensure the flow of accurate and essential information to all involved groups regarding County initiatives.
Who We Serve
CGS serves a number of constituent stakeholder groups including the following:
• Elected Officials and Municipalities
• Homeowners Associations and Community Organizations
• The Business Community
• Institutions of Higher Education
• Other County Groups (Non-Profit Organizations, K-12 Schools, Millage and Ordinance Agencies, etc.)
Jamelle Ellis, PhD, Community and Government Services Director (Contact)
Bryant Davis, Community and Government Services Assistant Director (Contact)
John Duffey, Community and Government Services Relations Associate (Contact)
For questions or comments contact us.