Freezing pipes: Please take the following steps to hopefully prevent.
Thursday, January 04, 2018
- With the cold weather still hanging on, We wanted to let the public know that by letting their cold and hot water run with a slow steady stream, it will help in keeping their water from freezing. The reason to run the hot water, is because the cold water supply that feeds the water heater needs that movement or it could freeze as well which will cause you to have cold water and no hot water.
- To open cabinet doors under all sinks to allow the heat in the room to circulate there.
- To close all foundation vents during this cold time to keep warm air under the home and to help keep pipes from freezing.
- All pipes and traps that are exposed to an unenclosed crawl space under a home or pipes in an attic that are not insulated should be protected as well.
- Hose bibs, (water spigots) should also be protected with covers are the steady stream of water.